"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." ~Romans 8:28 NIV
Who are the leaders at OCC?
Pastor Larry Mederich is the Lead Pastor at Osceola Community Church. Larry has a M.A. degree in General Theological Studies from Wheaton College. He has pastored for 35 years and has served the people of Osceola Community Church since 2004. Larry is married to Kelli and together they have 4 sons, Jordan, Justin, Jaxon, and Josiah, and 1 daughter, Jasmine. His driving passion is to see the church be the church.
Pastor Chase Kammerer is the Youth Pastor of The Youth Zone Ministries. He graduated from North Central University with a Bachelor's degree in Youth Development. His driving passion is to build a new relationships, growing and maintaining existing ones. His goal for Youth Zone Ministries is for the youth to experience God is an authentic way, and grow in their gifts to serve the greater St. Croix Valley.
KEVIN & KAIJA HIKEL
Kevin, originally from New Brunswick Canada, starting serving in ministry upon graduating from high school. He's served as a youth leader, worship drummer and a children's and youth pastor. He graduated from Christ for the Nations Institute with a bachelor's degree in New Testament Church Leadership. Kaija has been in the ministry on either a paid or volunteer status since high school. She graduated from Christ For the Nations Institute with an associates degree is practical theology, minoring in Children and Family ministries. Additionally, she did an extra semester in their school of worship in spring of 2016. Over the years she's been a youth leader, a nursery coordinator, kids church teacher and been apart of worship teams, playing, singing and leading. Kevin and Kaija have been married for 11 years and they have 7 children. Their driving passion for ministry is seeing families growing together in the Lord. They believe in family dinners around the table and a simpler life of building blanket forts and playing board games.
715-553-3557 Kevin | 715-553-3552 Kaija
Andrew Carlson has been leading worship at OCC since 2009. Since that time, he has gotten married and has been blessed with 4 amazing kids. Connecting with The Holy Spirit through music and praise has been a passion his entire life. “I am constantly blown away by what God has in store for us when we surrender our heart and enter a place of fellowship with Jesus” Andrew says, “my desire is to help others find that moment here and that souls would be filled with the joy that only come from Him.”
Bridget Duggan is the Administrative Assistant at Osceola Community Church. She is a graduate of Argosy University with a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology. She and her husband, Dave, have 1 daughter, Olivia. Her driving passion is to watch others thrive through Jesus Christ. She is grateful to be part of the Church of Second Chances. Her goal is to not only serve the church administratively, but for the door and her heart to be open to people who seek a better life with God.
What makes OCC tick?
1. OCC values a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through the born-again experience.
2. OCC values loving relationships that bring us together in unity as the family of God.
3. OCC values intimacy with God through prayer, Bible study, meditation and application of God's Word.
4. OCC values acts of service joyfully performed in Jesus' name.
5. OCC values the baptism in the Holy Spirit whereby Christians are empowered to witness for Christ and
live holy lives.
6. OCC values active involvement in local and overseas missions.
Our vision is to see the St Croix Valley and beyond covered with a network of small groups and life-
giving churches celebrating the miracle power and love of Jesus Christ. How we accomplish our vision
is through our mission.
Speak the Truth - "Instead speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the
body of him who is the head, that is, Christ." ~Ephesians 4:15
Live Sacrificially - "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you
have" ~Hebrews 13:5
Dream Big Dreams/Pray Big Prayers - "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are
possible" ~Matt 19:26
Choose Mercy Over Judgement - "Judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been
merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment." ~James 2:13
Overcome Evil with Good - "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirst, give him something to drink...do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."
~Romans 12:20, 21
Above All, Love - "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins"
~1 Peter 4:8
16 Fundamental Truths of OCC
1. The Bible is Inspired by God and declares His design and plan for mankind.
2. There is One True God - revealed in three persons...Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
3.In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ - As God's son Jesus was both human and divine.
4. The Fall of Man ushered in evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
5. The Salvation of Man - Man's only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God.
6. The Ordinances of the Church - (1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one's sins and receiving Christ's gift of salvation, (2) Holy Communion (the Lord's Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation.
7. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is for everyone and empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times.
8. The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is 'Speaking in Tongues,' as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
9.Sanctification is an act of separation from that which is evil, and of dedication unto God.
10. The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin.
11. The Ministry - A divinely called and scripturally ordained leadership ministry serves the Church.
12. Divine Healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today.
13. The Blessed Hope - When Jesus Raptures His church prior to His return to earth.
14. The Millennial Reign of Christ - when Jesus returns with His saints to reign on earth for one thousand years.
15. A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ.
16. New Heavens and a New Earth - that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him.